Old 20-04-2010, 04:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids,rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Scale on Phalaenopsis

In article ,
"David E. Ross" wrote:

On 4/19/10 11:10 PM, shahwin wrote:
On Apr 20, 10:17 am, "David E. Ross" wrote:
I have a Phalaenopsis in a greenhouse window in my breakfast room. It
seems to do quite well there, blooming every year. However, it and the
other plants in the window seem to get infested with scale.

I've treated the other plants in the window with a soil drench of
imidacloprid, a systemic insecticide. It seems to be effective and give
long-term results. Is this safe to use when watering my orchid?

It appears that your soil is the problem, check pH
and sterlize the soil. I will show you How

I am an Organic Gardener, treating plants with Herbs and Spices, no
chemicals required. visit my site
http://groups.google.com/group/pakgardenclub-

I am online to meet your requirements
shah

Phalaenopsis does NOT grow in soil. Mine is growing in bark chips.
Other growers prefer fern fiber.

While I do use some organic principles in gardening, I'm not dogmatic
about it. See my http://www.rossde.com/garden/garden_organic.html.

Great, battling web sites ;O)
--
- Billy