Old 20-04-2010, 05:12 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.sport.golf
Lelandite Lelandite is offline

Default Weeds on greens?

"JohnO" wrote in message
On Apr 20, 11:27 am, BAR wrote:
In article ,
says...

Dinosaur_Sr wrote:

Had a neighbour who used a company called chemlawn to keep his lawn.
Beautiful green lawn. Sold the house and the new owner didn't keep up
the chemlawn. Totally dead lawn within a year, and needed to resod.

He probably didn't water it either.

Watering lawns is a waste of a valuable resource, the water.

Depends where in the world you live. Down here in NZ there's a drought
in the north, but plenty of water in my town. Not using it will just
lead to reservoirs overflowing out to the sea.

For me, not watering lawns is a waste of a valuable resource, the lawn!

and by keeping your surroundings green, the danger of fire is lowered.
Nothing like dry and/or dead grass and brush around ones home and
then some careless smoker or just a small spark from somewhere.
This happens all the time. I'll stick with watering. Turf grass? Nay.
But green enough.

Donna
in WA