Old 20-04-2010, 08:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
RogerT RogerT is offline

Default Rhubarb

I have a several clumps of rhubarb in the garden. One particular variety
always seems to produce flowers on nearly every shoot and is also very
difficult to pick in the normal manner, pulling the whole shoot and
central bud up if I'm not careful. A second clump of the same variety
(taken from the first) is similar, but does not seem to produce so many
flowering shoots. Other varietys seem to be much more normal.

Is there anything I can do to discourage the flowering shoots and get
more Rhubarb stalks? Not too worried about the fragile nature as I now
tend to cut the stalks rather than pull them.

Sorry, but I can not identify the varieties as they were inherited or
moved with me many years ago.

Thanks

Roger T