Old 21-04-2010, 01:57 AM posted to rec.gardens
Tony Tony is offline

Default Growing Principles and DER

David Hare-Scott wrote:
David E Ross has decloaked and given a pointer to his site:

http://www.rossde.com/garden/index.html
http://www.rossde.com/garden/garden_organic.html

(snip of a well-written post, recommended)

His pages are well worth the time. He strikes me as a man with that
all-to-seldom seen commodity these days: Common sense.

I try to garden organically as much as possible. I would score myself
90% in that regard. I consider a really good year to be one where I
didn't have to spray for pests even once (I am primarily a vegetable
gardener, incidentally). But if it's a really bad year for insect pests
- and they happen sometimes - I'm voting for my crop against the
insects. My favorite tomato fertilizer is 100% organic. But my
favorite corn fertilizer, a bagged 10-10-10, isn't. I think I would
like David E. Ross very much. Common sense - yes.

Tony