Old 21-04-2010, 02:28 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jean B. Jean B. is offline

Default moss gardens

FarmI wrote:
"Jean B." wrote in message
Instructions
Things You'll Need:
€ Handful Mosses
€ One Can Beer
€ Plastic Spoons
€ Spatulas
€ Spatulas
€ 1/2 teaspoon sugars

1. Put a handful of the moss you want to grow into a blender.
2. Add 1/2 tsp. sugar and one can of beer (the cheapest brand),
or 2 cups of buttermilk and 2 cups of water.
3. Blend just long enough to mix the ingredients and break down the
moss. 4. Spread the soupy mixture with a spatula over
the ground or rocks
where you want the moss to grow.
Tips & Warnings

€ Remove as much dirt from the moss as you can before you start.

€ Moss grows best in shady areas.

€ Once you've spread the moss mixture, don't get it wet or you will
wash the mixture away.
------
http://www.thegardenhelper.com/mosscare.html

Thanks, Billy. While I have frequently encountered the buttermilk method,
I had not seen the beer method before. Perhaps I'll compare the two
formulae. Hmmm. Spraying statues... I have a very good candidate for
that!

You could also just use an old paintbrush and paint yoghurt on your pots or
statues. That too works.

I will keep that in mind. I do think I will devote at least one
of my statues to this experimentation.

--
Jean B.