Old 21-04-2010, 03:01 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Growing Principles and DER

In article ,
Tony wrote:

David Hare-Scott wrote:
David E Ross has decloaked and given a pointer to his site:

http://www.rossde.com/garden/index.html
http://www.rossde.com/garden/garden_organic.html

(snip of a well-written post, recommended)

His pages are well worth the time. He strikes me as a man with that
all-to-seldom seen commodity these days: Common sense.

I try to garden organically as much as possible. I would score myself
90% in that regard. I consider a really good year to be one where I
didn't have to spray for pests even once (I am primarily a vegetable
gardener, incidentally). But if it's a really bad year for insect pests
- and they happen sometimes - I'm voting for my crop against the
insects. My favorite tomato fertilizer is 100% organic. But my
favorite corn fertilizer, a bagged 10-10-10, isn't. I think I would
like David E. Ross very much. Common sense - yes.

Tony

There is something seriously wrong when "common sense" leads you to
damage the environment with needless pollution, and assaulting soil
organisms which produce the fecundity of the soil, and block the
intrusion of plant pathogens. You may want to look into "Integrated Pest
Management".
--
- Billy