Old 20-04-2010, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default thomson and morgan

sutartsorric wrote:
Has anyone had any problems with these people?

I ordered a small plum tree at Easter, but have heard nothing since. I
left it late just in case there were signs of life in my existing
tree, but I declared it dead at the end of March.

I have emailed customer support, but all I had back was an automatic
reply saying their dispatch system was on time, which I took to mean
it was not and they were flooded with complaints.

I have phoned customer support, but all I get is endless music.

What really annoys me is that my credit card was debited within
minutes of me placing my order. I consider that legitimate companies
these days will only debit cards on the actual dispatch date.

This company has gone severely downhill, IMHO.

Spalding Bulbs and Plants are reliable, but not superfast.

Read's Nursery http://www.readsnursery.co.uk/ have a very good
reputation for quality and reliability.

IMO it's a bit late to be planting plum trees - you'd get away with
container-grown, but not, I think, bare root.

--
Rusty