Old 20-04-2010, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Hardy, large flowered hibiscus

"Pam Moore" wrote ...
To those who ordered T&M's "large flowered hardy hibiscus", there was
a question obout them on our Radio Bristol gardening slot on Sunday
morning, with Mary Payne, well known in this area.
She said they are NOT fully hardy and can't take really cold weather.
She also said they will only flower well if planted in FULL SUN.
so those of you, like me, who ordered them, beware and read
instructions carefully when they arrive.

They had a large number of these planted next to the Princess of Wales
glasshouse a couple of years ago and they seemed to do OK.
That said it depends on the species in the makeup of these plants, if it's
what I suspect then they should be OK in the UK winter, although our up and
down temperatures may cause a problem, but they will probably like moisture
around the roots in the growing season.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden