Old 21-04-2010, 04:59 AM
Bigboy9i Bigboy9i is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo P View Post
Maybe maths isn't my strong point....but if Ray says he has worked for Wessex Teak for five years (post 21) but at the same time the company "did not exist in 2006" (post 25) then does that mean I am dozed off and missed 2010! ;-)

On a more serious note, I had the misfortune to buy from Wessex Teak and after one summer, with lots of TLC (including oil and sanding), the table had splits in two places, and warped enough to mean drinks looked like they were being served on a boat listing to starboard rather severely.

You get what you pay for in life I guess. Hopefully Ray gets paid very well - after all, there aren't many delivery drivers I've met before who are so passionate about their employers that they are willing to trawl the net singing their praises :-)

P.
They didn't exist in 2006, as back then the company was known as PTC imports.
As for trawling the internet, yes I do but not for wessexteak, sometimes I do a search just to see what people have to say.
I've not had a lot of issues with the furniture, but I cant say I have had none at all, still, in general I have found most people happy with what they received. I cant say they are the best company I have ever worked for as sometimes (more often then not) I get tun into the ground with the long hours and seemingly endless miles, and I often sadly dream that I might do something other than see that bl**dy steering wheel for just one day.

Still, it's what I do, and it's better than having no job at all like some poor sods.

I wish I could make you people happy, but I am but one link in the chain, and not the one who makes the decisions.

I can only say that most people are happy, and I think that's all any company can hope for really.

Ray.