Old 21-04-2010, 11:09 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Organic Gardening with Herbs & Spices

advanced2011 wrote:
A booming technology for growing herbs is hydroponics. It helps you
cultivate various herbs without the use of soil by growing the plants
in the nutrient solution. It is best for the cultivation of hybrid
plants and you can have better yields with hybrid methods of
cultivation.

However hydroponics is entirely superfluous in this case. Herbs are one
thing that are easy to grow in soil if your climate suits, in limited space
or in any other space. If your climate doesn't suit hydro won't help. Why
do I need hybrid herbs? Why do I need (supposed) higher yields when I have
more herbs than I care shake a stick at?

Perhaps you are talking about the kind of herbs that get photographed if
grown outdoors and where photographs lead to police raids.

David