Old 21-04-2010, 01:33 PM posted to triangle.gardens
[email protected] pakrat@usenet.pr.neotoma.org is offline

Default "Woody" tomato leaves

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 19:30:16 -0400 in wrote:
The leaves on some of my tomatoes are developing a "woody" appearance.
The leaves change color to light brown, the brown color has a shiny
woody appearance. In the most advanced stages, the leaves finally drop
off.

I looked at leaf symptoms he

http://tinyurl.com/y3lg3b8

but didn't see anything that looked ike it.

A picture of the leaf and the plant might be useful.

Are the leaves at the bottom dieing, or the leaves at the top?

Are these tomato plants you started yourself, or tomatoes you bought
from a store?

Last year retail tomato plants in the southeast came pre-infected
with early blight. *IF* the plants are showing any signs of
early blight and were purchased instead of grown from seed, I'd
get a sample to the ag extension office along with the source of
the plants.
--
Chris Dukes