Old 21-04-2010, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
wafflycat wafflycat is offline

Default chicken not laying

wrote in message
Apologies for the o/t but I know there are some hen keepers here, and I
don't have a ng that seems appropriate (if there is one, please point me
at
it, but I've not spotted an obvious one)

Big Brown Chicken stopped laying over winter (she's just over a year old,
think), and we assumed it was just a winter slow-down thing. But she
doesn't seem to be in any hurry to start again. Should we be worried
about
her at all?
(She's a rhode island red hybrid, looks like this:
http://static.gotpetsonline.com/pict...icken-0001.jpg
)

How old is she?

Is she eating & drinking well?