Old 21-04-2010, 05:03 PM posted to triangle.gardens
[email protected] infodex@mindspring.com is offline

Default "Woody" tomato leaves

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 12:33:33 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 19:30:16 -0400 in
wrote:
The leaves on some of my tomatoes are developing a "woody" appearance.
The leaves change color to light brown, the brown color has a shiny
woody appearance. In the most advanced stages, the leaves finally drop
off.

I looked at leaf symptoms he

http://tinyurl.com/y3lg3b8

but didn't see anything that looked ike it.

A picture of the leaf and the plant might be useful.

I'll see if I can get something up today.

In the meantime, go tot he above URL and scroll down to "Malathion
poisoning." That's a close approximation.

Are the leaves at the bottom dieing, or the leaves at the top?

Pretty much uniform distribution.

Are these tomato plants you started yourself, or tomatoes you bought
from a store?

I got them at Lowe's (building supplies, not grocery store). The last
time I was there, plants on their shelves had the same markings.