Old 21-04-2010, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Rhubarb

Paul Simonite wrote:
The message
from Rusty Hinge contains these words:

There will be a onsiderable mound - plant the crown on it and keep very
well watered - remember, rhubarb is a marsh plant.

Many thanks for that bit of gen Tone; I have been wondering what to
plant in the new bog area created by the privatised railway not
maintaining their cess drains and now I know.

Beware of the jungleybeasts which will take-up residence...

Daily Wail

Bears and wolves spotted in Caithness!

Gamekeeper Ivor Gunn reports seeing a wildcat stalking a train on the
Thurso line. He describes it as golden ochre with mainly vertical black
stripes, and from nose to tail measured around nine feet.

I pursuit of an anticlockwise haggis, Clan Chief Grumach Macabre of
Auchterloonie became lost amongst a new forest which had appeared
seemingly overnight. The haggis escaped.

--
Rusty