Old 21-04-2010, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
gardenlen[_2_] gardenlen[_2_] is offline

Default Care for Treeferns

g'day john,

tree ferns need watering over the crown more than they need in the
soil around them, when smaller soil watering suffices but once well
estebalished trunk then over the top over the crown.

if the hairy stuff at the top feels soft and pliable and looks healthy
then the plant may very well still be alive.

whe we had tree ferns thet was our method of watering and then after
giving crown a good drink we wet the fronds, this replicates their
conditions in the forest.

if you feel teh plant(s) have missed out you might need to set up
dripping hose into crwon for a day or so??

give that a try and see what happens it may take a week or so of this
to see results (inspections into the fur like top looking for fiddle
heads is ok) but perservere.

keep us informed hey?

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 03:53:49 -0400, Treefern
wrote:

snipped
--

len