Old 22-04-2010, 01:25 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Chumley Chumley is offline

Default 2 hyacinths made it

In article
,
Phyllis and Jim wrote:

This was a hard winter! I started with a 4 x 8 berm pond and a 6 x 10
area of the main pond covered with Hyacinths. That comes out to
almost 100 sq ft of hyacinths. The berm pond was covered with plastic
to protect a bit from cold. Right now I have a total of 2 very small
hyacinths...like 2" tall. That is an all time record for mortality.

BUT hyacinths are very capable of reproducing. I will post when they
have covered the berm pond. They normally take off with the warm
weather. Today got to 80 degrees here in Jackson.

The parrots' feather and water celery did just fine,...they are
growing like mad.

How did other folk fare this winter?

Jim

Can't complain. Where we live, the hyacinth was growing even during
winter. Now I have to clear it out once a week.