Old 22-04-2010, 01:51 PM posted to rec.gardens
Fred Williams[_2_] Fred Williams[_2_] is offline

Default The Dandelion King from NYT opinion

Bill who putters wrote:
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/20/the-dandelion-king/
I may be a Dandelion court jester.

The link http://safelawns.org/articles/Banned_in_Canada.cfm from
your URL describes the pesticide ban in Canada - but that only
applies to local government managers of green spaces - so while
our roadside grass is covered in dandelions we homeowners try
to stop it spreading into our gardens. Surely someone can find a
dandelion killer that doesn't harm the environment? Personally I
have a tool to dig deep and remove them from my lawns - you just
have to make sure that you start early in the season, else your
grass will be replaced by dandelions!

Fred