Old 22-04-2010, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Tea for houseplants - good idea?

wrote in message
John L wrote:
My wife likes to save all tea left in the pot and give it to the
houseplants. Is it really any good for them?

There are certain plants that I know people swear by feeding them tea.
Camelia, I think, is possibly the main one I'm thinking of. But I'm
not sure if it's any good for houseplants or not.

ISTR reading somewhere that tea creates tannic acid as it cools. So it's
probably good for ericaceous use.

Steve