Old 22-04-2010, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Timothy Murphy Timothy Murphy is offline

Default Tea for houseplants - good idea?

Donwill wrote:

We use used tea-bags as a mulch for Camelias around the garden.

In my experience tea-bags take an inordinate time to disintegrate.
I've stopped putting them in my compost-bin as they were still there
a year later.
The bags seem to be made of some rot-proof material.
I wonder if it depends on the make of tea-bag?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net