Old 22-04-2010, 04:03 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default The Dandelion King from NYT opinion

In article ,
"Fred Williams" wrote:

Bill who putters wrote:
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/20/the-dandelion-king/
I may be a Dandelion court jester.

The link http://safelawns.org/articles/Banned_in_Canada.cfm from
your URL describes the pesticide ban in Canada - but that only
applies to local government managers of green spaces - so while
our roadside grass is covered in dandelions we homeowners try
to stop it spreading into our gardens. Surely someone can find a
dandelion killer that doesn't harm the environment? Personally I
have a tool to dig deep and remove them from my lawns - you just
have to make sure that you start early in the season, else your
grass will be replaced by dandelions!

Fred

You could put them in your salad, and save a little on your food bill.
--
- Billy