Old 22-04-2010, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ian B[_2_] Ian B[_2_] is offline

Default Mystery Plant ID?

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from "Ian B" contains these
words: snip

it sounds as if it could be a euphorbia. Nice plants but sensitive
people can get a very unpleasant longterm contact skin rash.
So be careful/wear gloves for the next suggestion; break a stem or
leaf off and see if milky white sap ooozes out. Like cream.

Thanks, there were in fact some drips of something sappy looking on a couple
of the leaves. I don't want to snap anything off as I've just looked at it
and I don't think it appreciated being moved very much, it's getting rather
wilty

Ian