Old 22-04-2010, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mystery Plant ID? +Picture

"Ian B" wrote in message
Ian B wrote:
Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from "Ian B" contains these
words: snip

it sounds as if it could be a euphorbia. Nice plants but sensitive
people can get a very unpleasant longterm contact skin rash.
So be careful/wear gloves for the next suggestion; break a stem or
leaf off and see if milky white sap ooozes out. Like cream.

Thanks, there were in fact some drips of something sappy looking on a
couple of the leaves. I don't want to snap anything off as I've just
looked at it and I don't think it appreciated being moved very much,
it's getting rather wilty

I realised I could overcome the picture problem, partially, by doing a
drawing, so here it is. It's a fairly close approximation; the leaves get
darker as they go down the stem.

http://img203.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_461lo.jpg

Could it be a Tradescantia of some sort?

--

Jeff