Old 22-04-2010, 08:49 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
DLC DLC is offline

Default Tadpoles in pond

I have a one acre pond that was build in July, 2008. I have added
nothing; either animal or plant.

However, much is happening. Cat Tails, duck weed, black willow, and
other plants I haven't identified have arrived.

Canada geese are nesting. Swallows skim the surface scooping up insects.

There are also thousands of small tadpoles. These are only about 1/4"
and are black. I don't see any gills, but I wonder if these are frog or
salamander tadpoles. I hear peepers at night.