Old 22-04-2010, 10:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
Fred Williams[_2_] Fred Williams[_2_] is offline

Default weeding walkways

Bill who putters wrote:
In article ,
"Fred Williams" wrote:

Billy wrote:
In article ,
Jeff Thies wrote:

I put down a lot of bricks and stones last year and I'm getting
a lot
of weeds in the cracks. Much of this is away from desirable plant
life
so I don't need a specific solution.

I've heard vinegar and a preen follow up. I know nothing about
Preen
and I suspect it's the acidity that works in the Vinegar.

I've also vaguely heard about some kind of sand that keeps the
weeds out.

Suggestions? I've been hand weeding, but it's an unfair contest.

Jeff

Maybe, knock them back, and then fill the spaces with moss?

I just cleaned out the unsightly moss from between the stones
on our walkway. It would be nice to have a filler between the
stones to make it look nicer, but it would have to be porous
else we'd have a flood after a heavy downpour. Any suggestions?

Fred

Perhaps you can steal an idea from this driveway video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIF1Q...eature=related

Not a chance.