Old 23-04-2010, 06:32 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.sport.golf
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Weeds on greens?

In article m,
Carbon wrote:

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 10:33:13 -0700, Dinosaur_Sr wrote:
On Apr 22, 1:19Â*am, Billy wrote:
In article , Â*Howard
Brazee wrote:
On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 06:56:53 -0700 (PDT), Dinosaur_Sr
wrote:

If you don't use treated water for your lawn in Chicago. IMHO
watering lawns is a waste anywhere...not that I wouldn't do it,
mind you, but it's a waste regardless. What is the point to growing
some difficult to keep monoculture of grass around your home?

Some might say that life or humans is a waste. Â* I suspect we all
have different criteria about what is waste and what is important.

What is waste and what is important for an individual, or a species?
What? Are you an Ayn Rander, into selfishness, and **** the world, or
are you a human being? The choices are becoming few. -- - Billy

Humans, like other animal species, are inherently selfish. We will act
in self interest every time.

Then we're ****ed.

No we aren't. Not everyone takes such a psychopathic narrow view of
their own self interest as An Rand, Milton Friedman, and the
neo-liberals (conservatives) do.

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Catholics,
and I didn’t speak up because I was a Protestant.

THEN THEY CAME for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."

Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984), January 6, 1946

It is in our own self interest that human rights be upheld for everyone.
Presently, I have half a dozen phone calls a day from people who say
that they want to save me money, but we all know that if you snooze, you
lose. What kind of bull-shit is it that these sub-human predators are
allowed to hustle us under the banner of "free market"? This is where I
would start with the over-population problem, and follow it to Wall
Street.
Your Congresspeople might be good people (my Representative is), but it
is painfully obvious that both the RNC and the DNC are bought and paid
for by our ruling plutocrates.
--
- Billy