Old 23-04-2010, 02:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
Lelandite Lelandite is offline

Default weeding walkways

"Jeff Thies" wrote in message
I put down a lot of bricks and stones last year and I'm getting a lot of
weeds in the cracks. Much of this is away from desirable plant life so I don't
need a specific solution.

I've heard vinegar and a preen follow up. I know nothing about Preen and I
suspect it's the acidity that works in the Vinegar.

vinegar does work and works well. I killed off quite of few weeds that
were growing in my gravel driveway. I used my watering bucket.
Bought cheap vinegar at Wallies.

Donna
in WA

I've also vaguely heard about some kind of sand that keeps the weeds out.

Suggestions? I've been hand weeding, but it's an unfair contest.

Jeff