Old 24-04-2010, 12:20 AM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default Off Topic Guns vs. Butter

On 4/23/2010 8:05 AM, Bill who putters wrote:
See if you can identify the bleeding heart liberal who said this:

""Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired
signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not
fed, those who are cold and not clothed. This world in arms is not
spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the
genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Noam Chomsky? Michael Moore? Bernie Sanders? (Not from URL (Wild
Billy? ) )

Nope, it was that unrepentant lefty, five-star general Dwight
Eisenhower, in 1953, just a few months after taking office -- a time
when the economy was booming and unemployment was 2.7 percent."

From
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ariann...utter-2010_b_5
48620.html

My thought when I read this was that lunch today was venison chili.
The venison was culled with my Remington 1100, a shotgun that has
supplied this household with lots of meals but no butter