Old 24-04-2010, 04:04 PM posted to rec.gardens
Tony Tony is offline

Default Feeding of Roses ?

James wrote:
I am a very new rose grower (I hope). I have read that Miracle Gro
plant food (the kind you mix in water), and fish emulsion are good basics.

Can I mix the two in one gallon of water , for one application ?

Are there better feeding products ? Is the water soluable Miracle Gro
better than a pelletized fertilizer (which I know would last longer, but
not as fast acting, right ?)

Thanks for any **basic** fertilizing tips !!

James

I suppose you could mix them together, but I can't see why you'd want to
- MG and fish emulsion simultaneously is a awful lot of nitrogen at
once. Actually, if you want to use the liquid MG, use it every other
time you feed, in alternation with the fish emulsion. The fish emulsion
has many other soil benefits that the MG doesn't.

Tony