Old 24-04-2010, 04:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default New to gardens/forum, needing some practical solutions

"Lupin" wrote in message

Hi all, firstly, Im new to this forum and its the onlly and
first forum
I have signed up to.. I am also new to gardens, as I used to
always live
in flats, but got my first house, with a massive corner
garden...
honestly its like a football pitch.

Welcome Lupin.

Parts of my garden were very overgrown, and had been used as a
dump. I hired a mini digger for a weekend as a first step to
creating a manageable garden. It was not expensive but was great
fun to use. It certainly made short work of digging out unwanted
shrubbery, brambles etc and levelling ground I wanted to be level
as well as building up and area I wanted banked. I also dug a
great big hole and buried all the builders rubble and other junk
that had been dumped in there.

Mike