Old 25-04-2010, 06:30 AM posted to rec.gardens
EVP MAN EVP MAN is offline

Default Rabbits Eating My Asparagus

We are getting plenty of rain here and everything is nice and green. My
next door neighbor has a very old established asparagus bed and the
rabbits are eating his also. He told me this is the first year this has
ever happened in his garden. He also put up a fence a few days ago to
keep them out. I lived at this property for fifteen years now and I
have never seen the amount of rabbits that I have seen this year. It's
only April and I hate to see it when they begin to multiply. We have
more rabbits here in town than out in the wild. I guess that's because
they have no natural predators here to thin out their population. I do
have a pellet gun that is very powerful and also very quiet. If they
get out of hand this summer, this just may be the answer to a tough
problem. I like to see them around but I just can't have them
destroying my crops either!

Rich