Old 20-04-2003, 05:20 AM
Charles

Default Bare Bones RO Unit

On Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:04:39 GMT, "Mike"
wrote:

I am evaluating RO units and would like some help in choosing between Kent
Marine's Bare Bones Unit and their 3 stage Hi S units. My tap water is high
pH (8) and high GH (12). My objective is to lower the hardness and pH so
that I can raise and breed apistogrammas and blue rams. Thanks in advance
for any help.

For what you are talking about, I'd go with the bare bones system.
It's listed at about $ 80 US, the three stage unit about $220. that
makes a difference to me. The bare bones unit will give you water
that is too pure for fish, you will need to mix it partially with tap
water or replacement minerals. I don't see a need to get the
ultra-pure water that the three stage unit will give you.

_

- Charles
-
-does not play well with others