Old 25-04-2010, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
wafflycat wafflycat is offline

Default chicken not laying

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"wafflycat" wrote in message

As she's not old, she may well just be havign a short break form laying -
they can do that sometimes. Contrary birds ;-)

That has never been my experience in 30 years of keeping chickens. If a
previously reliable hen stops laying suddenly, something is wrong. Unless
they decide to go broody, of course.
Hens in full lay do not stop laying "for a short break" unless there is a
problem of some kind.
Tina

I've experienced it with one of mine. She was well. My hens are examined
*daily*, as is their poo (!) and if I suspect anything untoward it's off to
the vet for a check-up.