Old 25-04-2010, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Serena Blanchflower Serena Blanchflower is offline

Default Titchmarsh

* Martin wrote, On 25/04/2010 09:50:
On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 09:07:19 +0100, "Bob wrote:

"Tim Watts" wrote ... ((Snip))
Bob Hobden
I've tried to get into a number of Forums etc and always end up back at
the Ngs, simply better in every way.

I agree. One interface (your client) and a high degree of configurability
never found in web forums.

I'm wondering how we could promote Ngs as it appears there are a high number
of surfers that have never heard of them. They obviously don't just click on
things, ie. Newsgroups in Tools, to see what happens as I did all those
years ago.
One only has to see how many come here via a web site instead of direct
through their e-mail client, Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail....... most
computers come with those and they do work OK despite what some say.

The ability to filter out junk on newsgroups varies. Am I right in thinking that
although you can filter mail, you can't filter newsgroups with Thunderbird?

You do have some newsgroup filters in Thunderbird but it is far less
sophisticated than the filtering available in Agent.

--
Cheers, Serena

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent
revolution inevitable. (John F. Kennedy)