Old 25-04-2010, 02:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Titchmarsh

"Sacha" wrote
"Bob Hobden" said:
I'm wondering how we could promote Ngs as it appears there are a high
number of surfers that have never heard of them. They obviously don't
just click on things, ie. Newsgroups in Tools, to see what happens as I
did all those years ago.
One only has to see how many come here via a web site instead of direct
through their e-mail client, Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail.......
most computers come with those and they do work OK despite what some say.

Probably a silly question but can urg have its own web site so that when
people look up "garden hints, questions, problems, answers, advice" etc.,
they get directed to a web site that explains urg and sends them here?

Could do but someone would have to design and administer it and then they
would have to find a server to host it.
I think part of the problem is that a lot of people do not use an e-mail
client like Outlook Express/ Windows Live Mail, they do it all through their
ISP's web mail. Strange to most of us, but true, and without configuring a
mail client they haven't a hope of coming here direct or going to any other
Ng.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden