Old 25-04-2010, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Titchmarsh

On 2010-04-25 09:07:19 +0100, "Bob Hobden" said:

"Tim Watts" wrote ... ((Snip))
Bob Hobden
I've tried to get into a number of Forums etc and always end up back at
the Ngs, simply better in every way.

I agree. One interface (your client) and a high degree of configurability
never found in web forums.

I'm wondering how we could promote Ngs as it appears there are a high
number of surfers that have never heard of them. They obviously don't
just click on things, ie. Newsgroups in Tools, to see what happens as I
did all those years ago.
One only has to see how many come here via a web site instead of direct
through their e-mail client, Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail.......
most computers come with those and they do work OK despite what some
say.

Probably a silly question but can urg have its own web site so that
when people look up "garden hints, questions, problems, answers,
advice" etc., they get directed to a web site that explains urg and
sends them here?
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.

I'd have thought a Blog might be better.
David Hill