Old 25-04-2010, 10:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Bob Williams[_3_] Bob Williams[_3_] is offline

Default Fluorescent Red Epiphyllum

Paddy's Pig wrote:
"Bob Williams" wrote in message

A friend gave me an Epi for my birthday. It bloomed last week. The color
is spectacular.

Boy I'll say!

It is almost fluorescent. I created the black background by cutting a
hole in the middle of a jet black poster board. That cut out all the
distracting background stuff. I think I'll use this technique more in the
future.

Pretty neat technique Bob.

Thanks, Pat.
I just couldn't find a position that would let me capture the flower
without including other parts of the plant and parts of my house, etc.
I really like BLACK backgrounds because they seem to "punch" up the
colors and focus your attention on the subject.
Bob