Old 25-04-2010, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
PtePike PtePike is offline

Default Peach/Nectarine volunteer

wrote in :

In article ,
PtePike wrote:

Thanks Nick for your input.
I am unclear though.
Did you grow this intentionally from seed?

Yes.

If you did Why? if the outcome is uncertain.

Because we had some peach jam made from them that tasted of something.

Do you have a large garden to experiment?

Large enough. They are attractive trees, too.

Our garden is quite small but we will see what happens in the pot.
I bet you are as excited as I am but you are ahead a year than me.

Three, actually :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Nick I am going to have to be patient if yours is three years.
If this tree is going to be attractive then I will keep it for a time of
flowering and see what happens.
3 years is a long patience but I think I will be around to see.
Dad says I am wasting my time God willing he will see it too.
My fingers are cross for both your and my trees.

PtePike