Old 25-04-2010, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
PtePike PtePike is offline

Default Peach/Nectarine volunteer

wrote in
:

PtePike wrote:
My dad says no because it may need grafting, and on a good rootstock.
My arguement is that before man took over how did they grow.
Your thoughts will be welcome, I find this very exciting.

Fwiw, I grew 2 nectarine trees in my room at uni. They never got big
enough to flower (I had them about 3 years, they got to around 2 foot
tall, iirc), then they mysteriously died and I couldnt' rescue them.

Good luck, though. Let us know if you get them to flower!

That was bad luck as they died and thankyou for good luck for mine.
I will most certainly let you know of them flowering but it depends how old
you are as it will take a few years to find out haha. that was joking.

I have bought cherry apple pear trees since we lived here but this one is
the one is I most interesting and the rest are on blossom.

thankyou
PtrPike