Old 25-04-2010, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
PtePike PtePike is offline

Default Potatoes?

"alan.holmes" wrote in
:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"alan.holmes" wrote ...

About a week ago I planted some seed potatoes, which had started to
sprout, but there is no sign of any growth yet, am I being too
impatient?

How long should they take before showing growth above the ground?

Yes you are being a bit too impatient, can take a few weeks before
they show.

Thanks, I did wonder if I was expecting too much, I'll just have to
wait!

Alan

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Potatoes are the Number1 that can be reliable, they WILL grow.
They will take longer if not chitted though.
We planted ours in March center and they are growing some here some there
in the rows we set them. Each day we see more small sprouts of gaps filled.
Ours are covered at night we sowed them too early and they took weeks to
reveal and as I said they are still starting to show in places we thought
were dead.
Be patient if you can I know patience is not on trees but they will grow.
When they show up give them regular water becouse they are ravenous to fill
the spud. And when flowers appear you should nip them off to stop them
putting there energy into flowers but into the spud.

PtePike