Old 26-04-2010, 02:21 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default My garden was Off Topic Guns vs. Butter

"Billy" wrote in message
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

Which is why I garden. If I want to talk about politics or guns or other
non gardening related issues, I do those in forums where that is the
norm.

I do apologize. I shouldn't have let myself become provoked, again.

That's OK, we all get provoked now and again and your post did provoke me so
I guess we're even.

But you might now be able to see why I was peeved and why I complained in
the first place. All those subsequent .02c comments that only got that high
because of hyperflation.

So how did your garden get on this year? Any notable successes or
failures? Anything that you'll do different next year?

It was the usual up and down thing. Some things did well, some didn't and
some should have been planted and weren't. I ask myself how it is possible
to 'forget' to plant zucchini? But I guess that not having any zucchini
makes a bit of a change from having to think of a thousand and one way to
use them up. Some insect pests were highly evident and others weren't. I
quite enjoy seeing the insects although I know that is still something that
many people can't abide. I don't nuke them because I find that they can be
very interesting to watch too. ATM we have butterflies everywhere and of
many different sorts but especially the Wanderer which is called the Monarch
in the US. The grasses especially seem to be of interest to the butterflies
and the Wanderer is loving the heads on the paspalum.

Next year, I plan to get on top of the weeds from day one (but then that is
an old resolution and there is always some part of the garden where the
weeds evade me). I plan to finish my fruit cage before the start of next
season. I plant to add another chook house to the chook pen and I really
must do more permanent arrangements for netting of fruit trees as I'm
getting to old and tired for the broom method applying netting to be
attractive.