Old 25-04-2010, 10:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gopher Gopher is offline

Default Tea for houseplants - good idea?

In message , Rusty Hinge
writes
Timothy Murphy wrote:
Donwill wrote:

We use used tea-bags as a mulch for Camelias around the garden.

In my experience tea-bags take an inordinate time to disintegrate.
I've stopped putting them in my compost-bin as they were still there
a year later.
The bags seem to be made of some rot-proof material.
I wonder if it depends on the make of tea-bag?

Pass.

But dry them out and use them as needed (damped!) for sowing mustard
and cress, etc.

Also, dry them out, spray them with an analgesic type pain reliever
(e.g. Deep Heat) and put them where you don't want cats to leave their
messages. They are extremely effective and remain effective for quite a
time - although I guess that a booster spray may be required after rain.
A lot of my young plants, seeds and onion sets have been messed about in
past years due to a neighbour's 5 cats. Not this year!
--
Gopher .... I know my place!