Old 26-04-2010, 02:34 PM
*Mechanic* *Mechanic* is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broomerstoys View Post
I have a Honda H3011 Riding Mower about 30yrs old I think it is about 20hp - not mentioned in the handbook. Can anybody advise if this can pull a small chain harrow on grass. The official Honda line is no, not possible, but I wonder if anyone has any experience of my query and can advise where problems would occur (if any). The soil is almost level and sandy.
H3011 (US Market?) UK versions of this Lawn Rider were only fitted with between 8hp-11hp GXV270 or GXV340 engines. You will also find that its belt driven (belt drive from engine to transmission). If all of the above is true then you run the risk of burninig the belts out in quite a short space of time and its also probably going to be under-powered. It also has to be said that the chassis on those mowers is not the most robust for pulling anything more than the grass catcher.

Hope this helps
Trevor

Lawnmower World - The home of Quality garden machinery