Old 26-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Cheshire gdner Cheshire gdner is offline
Registered User

Location: Cheshire, UK

[quote='Peter James[_2_];884895']Peter James wrote:

The good news is that my allotment has been allocated to me. The bad
news is that it's in an old cow pasture with the old pasture still in
place. My back is cringing at the thought of all that digging.
Shame I can't afford a rotorvator.

Peter

Whatever you decide, don't plant potatoes for the first few years because of wireworm that lives in grassland and will feed on your spuds once the grass has gone.