Old 26-04-2010, 12:54 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Frank Frank is offline

Default Honda isy hanle too low

On Apr 26, 4:36*am, wrote:
On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 16:40:54 -0700 (PDT), Frank

wrote:
On Apr 22, 7:07*am, wrote:
Although not super tall *6'2" , I find the handle height on my honda
Isy too low and it gives me back ache.

Anybody got any ideas on how to make it a couple of inches higher (
not longer ) without having to replace all the cables etc.

Chris

Curious as I bought a new Honda (US) last year. *Handle height is
adjustable but IZY handle appears different:

http://ww1.honda.co.uk/power/owner/m...RG536C_SDE.pdf

Is there a second detent *or hole for levering handle when loosened?
This is essentially how mine is raised by levering up or down and
locking.
Maybe one could be added if enough room to drill a second hole.

There does not appear to be any adjustment , *i was thinking *along
the lines of bending the handles upward in some way without getting
the bowden cables out of *adjustment.

Chris- Hide quoted text -

Where your model has a big wing nut for tightening handle, mine has a
bolt and at the base of the handle adjustment that can be put in upper
or lower hole to raise or lower handle height. These are the lines
that I was thinking you might cobble something up.