Old 26-04-2010, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle Mike Lyle is offline

Default Gooseberries.

Jim wrote:
Lynne wrote:
New to all this so I am going to need lot's of help!
I have bought a small gooseberry bush, and owing to a very large dog
who is very good a digging, wondered if I can grow in a tub. If so
what compost will I need, and can I take cuttings.

Hi Lynne - This should get you started:

http://www.gardenaction.co.uk/fruit_...gooseberry.asp

Or you could try the trick I use to keep next-door's cat off sensitive
areas: I spread out pieces of that cheap "lazy-tongs" trellis, available
in any good quid shop. It's not much cop as trellis, but it does seem to
put pussy-cats off, so it might work for a dog too. I admit I found my
daughter's border terrier chewing a projecting end this afternoon, but
neither of them actually walked on it... I also keep a few branches of
the Christmas tree for the same purpose.

--
Mike.