Old 26-04-2010, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default I was horribly annoyed

In article ,
Christina Websell wrote:
"Jeff Layman" wrote in message

when some chap knocked on my door yesterday to offer to clean up my block
paving to get rid of the violets. Which I might say look spectacular
atm, they are growing in the crevices and look absolutely beautiful.
Some people have no soul.

Wasn't me, but it might have been.

Violets are a damn nuisance - they get everywhere and have very tough
roots. If they only kept to wild wooded areas, I wouldn't mind.

IMO they are a beautiful plant and they are welcome wherever they grow here.
As I said/ atm, they look fantastic.
You wouldn't mind if they confined themselves to wild wooded areas, why is
that?

I side with Tina. If dandelions weren't as promiscuous as a 1960s
pop star, I would say the same about them.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.