Old 27-04-2010, 03:42 AM posted to rec.ponds
A Paul Ing A Paul Ing is offline

Default Koi Pond Trouble but does Julies drapes match her carpet?

On Apr 22, 1:19*pm, Mad as a Box of Frogs ~.¤@¤.~ wrote:
In article ,
Enflamed Tulip wrote:

Hi I'm a new member here with little experience.

I finally got a pond installed in the garden with quite a few exotic
fish

The problem I am having is that my pet dogs keep defecating into the
pond, and barking at the fish. Any tips on how to deter them from going
near the pond? The husband has suggested placing egg shells near it but
I don't like the sound of causing distress for them.

Thanks in advance =D

-Julie

Hi Julie

The newsgroup has moved over to a moderated version on Google groups.
Search for it there and signon - all the regulars from here moved over
there and your questions will get proper attention.

I might suggest "invisible" electric fencing which is certainly a bit
pricey and I've also heard that cayenne pepper sprinkled all around the
perimeter will keep most animals away. Not sure about dogs but a sniff of
the pepper is enough to make them not come back for more and not do them
harm. There are also products (Keep-Off) on the market which apparently
keeps animals away from gardens etc.

hope this helps.

--
"Ward, weren't you a little hard on The Beaver last night?" --June Cleaver

Julie the question is does your carpet match your drapes? What is
your color coordination?