Old 27-04-2010, 08:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cherry tree survey

In message
,
sutartsorric writes
On 26 Apr, 16:57, Steve wrote:
On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 19:48:04 +0100, Steve wrote:
I don't know if you guys have done (or know about) this yet, but the
National History Museum is holding a UK cherry tree survey:

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/nature-online/b...ory/tree-surve...

It'd be great if we could all enter the trees we know about.

Steve

Well thanks for the replies, you ignorant *******s. You know, maybe it
is best that USENET is in its death throes and absolutely no wonder
why.

--
Important Info:

Beware of the USENET poster called Mike Reid - he's
a troll and will do everything in his power to ruin your
group if you allow him to.

Well, maybe because you included a link with your post, everyone did
the same as me which was to click on the link and enter the
information as requested.

And people don't necessarily have the information on local cherries to
hand - I noticed 3 Prunus padus in an amenity planting at 8pm last
night, but I don't know what the other local cherries are, or for that
matter which of the local Prunus are cherries under their definition
(section Cerasus?), or, except in a few cases, where they are.

There was nothing to indicate that a message on uk.rec.gardening was
necessary.

Therefore, your insulting reply in less than 24 hours from your
original post was completely unwarranted.

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley