Old 27-04-2010, 10:46 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Pest on trees

"Loosecanon" wrote in message

Does anyone have any idea what these things might be please?

Answering my own question here for those who might be interested. I did
a google and was stunned at how many varieties of scales there are and
how hard I had to hunt to find anything like it. I think the one we have
is an armoured scale and the one that looks most like it is called
ceroplastes janeirensis:
http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgu...ed=0CAwQ9QEwAw

Some more to ponder. Could be gumtree scale

http://images.google.com.au/images?u...tart=0&ndsp=20

They are certainly a similar shape to the bugs we have but not quite the
right colour or with the quite destinctive black spot.