Old 27-04-2010, 01:16 PM posted to triangle.gardens
[email protected] pakrat@usenet.pr.neotoma.org is offline

Default Taking Back a Yard from Weeds

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 21:30:22 +0000 (UTC) in Nosmo King wrote:
Derek Mark Edding wrote in
m:

I applied an early season fertilizer with crabgrass halts in March. But
there are large patches of clover, and dandelions scattered everywhere.

I seem to recall that the Halts is only for preventing crabgrass (which
sprouts later in the summer) vs stopping other spring weeds from
germinating.

Halts is pendimethalin.
http://pmep.cce.cornell.edu/profiles...halin-ext.html
Surprisingly it's both a selective broadleaf and annual grass herbicide that is
both pre and post emergent.

But I wouldn't expect it to do crap on anything normally found in the lawn
except crabgrass.

--
Chris Dukes